Written by Engineer: Oan Naqvi
In the context of civil engineering, AutoCAD has commonly used software for the development and modification of engineering drawings.
This article is about making floor plans in AutoCAD, there are some common commands in AutoCAD that are used while creating floor plans are follow as:
1. Line: Press (L + enter) to use this command, it is used for making straight lines in AutoCAD.
2. Offsets: Press (O + enter) to use this command, it is used for making a copy of the selected line, from which you want to be offset, at a distance of the required offset.
3. Copy: Press (Co + enter) to use this command, it is used for making a copy of the selected object and it is then pasted at the location by clicking on there where you want to paste it.
4. Move: Press (mo + enter) to use this command, it is used for moving a selected object.
5. Trim: Press (tr + enter) to use this command, it is used for trimming extra part of any object (line, arc, hatch) which exceeds any specific line or boundary.
6. Extend: Press (ex + enter) to use this command, it is used for extending an existing line to some other line or boundary.
7. Mirror: Press (mi + enter) to use this command, it is used for making a mirror image of any object.
8. Rotate: Press (ro + enter) to use this command, it is used for rotating an object to any desired angle.
9. Group: Press (gr + enter) to use this command, it is used to make a group of selected objects and connect them as a whole.
10. Explode: Press (exp + enter) to use this command, it is used for exploding/dividing an object into possible no. of parts.
11. Hatch: Press (H + enter) to use this command, it is used for applying any hatch (concrete, glass, wood, bricks, stones, gravel, etc.) to any closed boundary.
12. Arc: Press (arc+ enter) to use this command, it is used for creating arcs of the desired radius, ending point, and starting point. In-floor plans, it is commonly used for making door symbols.
Procedure for Creating Floor plan:
1. Draw a boundary line/limits of the plot where you want to build according to the dimensions of your plot.
2. Then draw the line for walls and give them offset to make a wall of desired thickness.
3. Complete making the walls in the plan showing each and every room in the house and space for everything you want.
4. Draw lines intersecting the walls where you want to place doors and windows and offset them to the desired width of doors and windows.
5. Use the trim command to delete the lines between the intersecting lines.
6. Now draw the windows and door symbols there in between the empty spaces.
7. Now draw symbols of doors and windows using the commands above and place them in the spaces created for them.
8. Draw the stairs by drawing a line of the desired width of stairs and then giving it offset to make the steps of stairs.
9. Complete the floor plan using the above procedure and print it using the (Control + P) command.
For any type of help or project regards Architectural / Structural drawings / 3D models, Visit the link below for a quick reply.