Updated: Aug 13, 2020
Officially known as the Church of St Elizabeth of Hungary, but commonly referred to simply as ‘the Blue Church’, this is Bratislava’s most appealing art nouveau building.
Its style, sometimes known as Hungarian Secession, is repeated in the nearby grammar school on Grösslingová Street.
Both were designed by Budapest architect Edmund Lechner and built in the early twentieth century (the church was consecrated on 11 October 1913).
Both the interior and exterior of the church are painted in shades of pale blue and decorated with blue majolica; even the roof is tiled with blue-glazed ceramics. The structure incorporates a 36.8-metre round tower.
For Ticket 🎟 visit the below website:
2020 Travelling Essentials